Re: release

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: release
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:42:06 -0400

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a list of things that need to happen for the release?
>
> We have a bug tracker now, can the bugs that need to be fixed for the
> release be marked somehow?  Are all the must-fix bugs in the bug
> tracker?

As we get closer to the release, we will use the severity tag in the bug
tracker to indicate release-blocking bugs.  I think we are not close
enough to the release for that, yet.  The main outstanding issues, off
the top of my head, are: (1) bugs in the new internationalization and
font-handling code.  Bug reports are still slowly trickling in,
indicating that the code has not converged sufficiently yet.  (2)
Several files in the Emacs and Emacs Lisp reference manual still need to
be checked (progress seems good, but this is a slow process.)