Re: remove leim/leim-list.el for make bootstrap?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: remove leim/leim-list.el for make bootstrap?
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 12:41:04 +0200

> From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 14:00:58 +0900
>
> I had a problem building emacs because leim/leim-list.el was corrupted
> somehow.  It took me a fair bit of time to realize the problem, and
> "make bootstrap" didn't help.  The solution I eventually found was
> simply to remove the file.

I had the same problem yesterday, but since the build was running
unattended, I thought it was due to some snafu during generation of
leim-list.el.  Sounds like the reason is deeper than that.  I solved
the problem by removing the file, just as you did.

> So I wonder, should make bootstrap remove that file?

In my case, I didn't need a  bootstrap after removing the file, just
to run "make".  So I'd like to understand the reason for the problem
before we decide how to solve it.  If you managed to figure out the
reason for corruption, could you please explain it?