Re: changing multiple-value calls in emacs code.

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: changing multiple-value calls in emacs code.
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:07:23 +0100

Dave Goel <address@hidden> writes:

> Conversely, nowhere in the entire emacs does any code expect multiple
> or zero values from another function.

There's third-party code which relies on the current implementation.

Indeed, I'm among the culprits. :-)

I used to use (values ...)  instead of (list ...) to convey that the
first element is the primary return value, the other elements merely
auxiliary, and that more "return values" may be added in future. (So you
cannot use `destructuring-bind' on the returned list value.)

I considered the current implementation a quirk I regretfully took for
granted.

  -T.