Re: fontset/font change

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: fontset/font change
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 15:40:41 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> > Sorry for the confusion, but what should I do now?
> >
> > (1) Just recover the behaviour of Emacs 22: nil for the default
> > (2) Make nil for the currently selected fontset, and t for the default
> > (3) (1) and make t for the currently selected one.

> It seems a little cleaner to have nil specify the current fontset rather
> than fontset-default, but only a little.  In your estimation, is there a
> significant amount of outside code (e.g. user customizations) that rely
> on the old behavior?

I don't think so because I don't here any complaints about
it after I changed t for the default long ago in
emacs-unicode-2 branch.  And even since the merge of about
one year ago, there's no complaint either.

So, if you maintainers think that the incompatible change
now is ok, I'll do (2) above quickly.

> As Miles mentioned, either way this needs to be documented in the
> docstring.

Sure.

---
Kenichi Handa