Re: Args out of range with new auto-composition implementation

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Args out of range with new auto-composition implementation
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:32:16 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 04:07, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I can't reproduce that bug with the latest code.  Can you?

> BTW, did you see the additional info at
> http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=874#10

Yes.  The only possibility that happens is that w->buffer is
different from current_buffer.  I've thought that when
current_column is called, the selected window is that same
as the window showing the current buffer.  But, it seems
that we can't assume that.  Perhaps that is the reason why
it uses buffer-display-table of the current buffer instead
of window-display-table as in compute_motion().

Anyway, I've just installed a workaround of not handling
automatic composition if the current buffer is not
associated with a window.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden