Re: Shift selection using interactive spec

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Shift selection using interactive spec
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:55:30 +0300

>>> If the functionality is as annoying when being switched on as to warrant
>>> per-function fine-tuning, we should tone down the obnoxious parts.
>>>
>>> Do you have an example for a function which should by default obey
>>> shift-selection, but where a user would rather have it turned off?
>>
>> We have an infinite set of examples where a user would have it turned
>> ON.
>
> I recommend you look up the definition of "infinite" in a dictionary of
> your choice.

  infinite
   adj.
     [common] Consisting of a large number of objects; extreme. Used very
     loosely as in: "This program produces infinite garbage." "He is an
     infinite loser." The word most likely to follow infinite, though, is
     hair. (It has been pointed out that fractals are an excellent
     example of infinite hair.) These uses are abuses of the word's
     mathematical meaning. The term semi-infinite, denoting an immoderately
     large amount of some resource, is also heard. "This compiler is taking
     a semi-infinite amount of time to optimize my program." See also
     semi.

  From Jargon File (4.4.4, 14 Aug 2003)

--
Juri Linkov