Re: Transient Mark Mode on by default

From: Jari Aalto
Subject: Re: Transient Mark Mode on by default
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:18:31 +0200

* Mon 2008-03-24 Drew Adams <address@hidden> gmane.emacs.devel
>> Most average developpers I know will simply never tweak any of the
>> piece of software they use.
>
> and sooner or later users discover this and take advantage of it.
> Some new users might take longer to discover that

Young have more and more difficulties in concentrating and spending
time in reading instructions.

The majority does not customize anything. If the software lacks
expected features (if not turned on by default), they move on to some
other program. Many prefer nano(1) over Emacs, because it displays
command help at the bottim -- no need to memorize anything.

The customizations possibilities are only for the very few, because it
requires certain amount of stamina; to understand by trial and error;
to learn, which possibly spans over long perid of time.

Today's generation is hard to convince to spend that time.

Jari