Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor

From: Josh Gilbert
Subject: Re: Neat features in Eclipse editor
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:49:23 -0400

>    I might be missing something, but isn't tabbar.el sufficient?
>
> I don't know.  I find its documentation hard to understand,
> so I am not sure what it does.

I, too, found tabbar.el difficult to understand. I use a different package,
elscreen.el, to perform the same function. Because elcreen.el uses
essentially the same interface as GNU Screen (with C-z as the command prefix
rather than C-a as used in screen) I was able to use it immediately. It's
really a brilliant piece of software that I'd love to see incorporated into
Emacs proper. Another nice feature of ElScreen is that it works flawlessly on
Windows. It's one of the first packages I install when I set up a new Emacs
instance.

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/ElScreen

Josh