Re: dbusbind.c SIGSEGV fix and minor cleanup

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: dbusbind.c SIGSEGV fix and minor cleanup
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:27:07 +0100

David Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> emacs crashes (in `strcpy') when receiving dbus messages with some empty
> content.
>
> The attached patch fixes this.  Also there is no need to copy the
> strings.  This is already be done by `build_string'.

The patch looks OK to me.

One could argue, that in case interface or member is NULL, this could be
regarded as wildcards, and all registered functions which match
otherwise shall be applied. But I agree with you, that only messages,
which are sent to a specified interface and its member, shall be taken.

One minor point: before "RETURN_UNGCPRO (Qnil)" you might call
"dbus_message_unref (dmessage)" for freeing dmessage. Or you simply jump
to the end, where it is done already.

Please commit the patch, or (in case you have no write access in CVS)
send the ChangeLog entry; I'll do it then.

> David

Thanks, and best regards, Michael.