Re: incomplete comment colorization in terminals

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: incomplete comment colorization in terminals
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:21:09 +1300

Dan Nicolaescu writes:

 >   >     We can actually completely get rid of
 > `font-lock-comment-delimiter-face'
 >   >     if the color for the dark background, 8 colors is changed to
 > "yellow".
 >   >     "yellow" is very readable on a black background. It will appear as
 >   >     orange on the Linux console, which is also very readable.
 >   >
 >   > I tried that in `font-lock-comment-face', and it is ok,
 >
 > In that case, please let's go with that solution, it is the lower
 > complexity solution, and less surprising for the user.  We have gotten a
 > few bug reports from users that were confused by this (it is not
 > immediately intuitive).

I feel that you're using journalistic techniques to steam roller through your
wishes.  Let's look at the full quote:

       I tried that in `font-lock-comment-face', and it is ok, but having the
       text in white is clearer and easier to read.

I think it conveys quite a different impression.

All these stylistic changes that you are making are probably not worth arguing
about but I think you should look for some real agreement that they are an
improvement before making them.