Re: 22.1.92; Tutorial: references to non-existing info nodes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: 22.1.92; Tutorial: references to non-existing info nodes
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:12:03 -0400

    | Another explanation of the problem I found is that under the console
    | C-s disables input and C-q reenables it - which indeed is the case,
    | but doesn't make much sense under a xterminal, does it?

    Does this qualify as flow control problem?

I don't think so.  It looks like he has encountered the fact that C-s
and C-q _typed by the user_ operate as commands that turn output off
and on.  The solution is simply to turn off their effect (and I think
Emacs does that in sysdep.c, so why isn't it working?).

Flow control means the terminal generates those input characters to
regulate input.  To avoid that problem, Emacs has to send more padding.
But that is what I think no modern terminal emulator will do.