Re: CUA mode's C-RET binding [was: position on changing defaults?]

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: CUA mode's C-RET binding [was: position on changing defaults?]
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:47:29 +0100

Mathias Dahl wrote:
 Here's another thought, FWIW. Does it make sense to set the rectangle mark
 in the minibuffer?

I use rectangles quite a lot and have never needed it in the
minibuffer. This is not saying it isn't useful there, of course. In
general I tend to avoid too much editing in the minibuffer, especially
for multi-line data because it kinda feels scary, one wrong keypress
and my data will either be accepted (typing RET instead of C-j) or
gone (typing arrow up/down). It would be interesting to know if other
people do much multi-line editing here.

Not that much that I have yet done rectangle editing there ...

But what do you mean with that your data is gone if you type arrow up/down? When typing a file name for example if I hit <up> then I just hit <down> to get the file name I was typing back.