Re: Tutorial: clickable manual references

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Tutorial: clickable manual references
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:34:18 +0200

> wouldn't it be useful to make references to the Emacs manual be
> "clickable" links?

I'm afraid such links in the Tutorial will distract the reader
that should concentrate on the Tutorial and not to switch to
reading the Emacs manual.

> I.e. clicking on "Completion" should open (info "(emacs)Completion").
>
> ,----[ TUTORIAL ]
> | Completion is described in Info in the Emacs manual in the node
> | called "Completion".
> `----

Since this link is at the end of the Tutorial it would do no harm.
But maybe we could just teach the user how to read the Emacs manual
by adding a chapter about this to the end of the Tutorial?

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/