Re: Diffs between %s and %s end here

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Diffs between %s and %s end here
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 19:57:19 +0200

>     Since it seems the discussion currently reached consensus that
>     additional text is necessary only for visual indication, I have
>     a question: isn't visual indication for the current status
>     in the mode line is sufficient with the new face `mode-line-emphasis'?
>
> I don't think so.  When the process terminates, it is nice to have
> confirmation that it completed normally.

Then we could use the same non-intrusive solution already implemented for
compile: when compilation is successful it displays the successful status
in the mode line of the compilation buffer in green.  When compilation
fails, it displays the error code in the mode line in red.

So no additional text is necessary to append to the end of the output that
many find too annoying.  This modeline indication should be enough for
confirmation the process completed normally.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/