Re: Feature request : Tab-completion for 'shell-comand'

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Feature request : Tab-completion for 'shell-comand'
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 23:38:07 +0100

Juri Linkov wrote:
the Isearch error message overwrites the minibuffer content, but with this
patch it appends the error message to the end of the minibuffer, e.g.

I-search backward: foo [Failing I-search backward: bar]

Maybe it would be good to show the message before the prompt and on its own line? That way it could perhaps easily be made read-only etc.

It also seems to be a rather natural place to show it - at least if you are used to command line tools.