Re: position on changing defaults?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: position on changing defaults?
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 02:35:43 +0200

>>> Sounds like a bug.
>
>> I know no good way to configure contexts where matching parens should be
>> highlighted and where not.
>
> IIUC the circumstance you're talking about, the highlighted
> parenthesized text is not really part of the (mini)buffer, so it's
> a bug.  That doesn't mean that the fix is easy.

For instance, when both `show-paren-mode' and `iswitchb' are enabled,
then `C-x b' displays the minibuffer

iswitch {*scratch*,*Messages*}

where both curly brackets get highlighted.  iswitchb.el implements
displaying this text by inserting it to the minibuffer, so in this sense
this text is part of the minibuffer, and I see no way not to highlight
matching brackets in this case.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/