Re: duplicate input methods: german-postfix and german-alt-postfix

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: duplicate input methods: german-postfix and german-alt-postfix
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:37:22 -0500

I am sorry that I didn't put in any information about the purpose of
that file.  10 years later I don't even remember seeing it before.

However, looking at it now and comparing it with latin-post.el, I
think I see the purpose.  It was simply to avoid certain inconvenient
combinations, such as those using comma, and those using multiple
slashes which make it impossible to enter a slash by typing //.

I will document that in the file.