RE: info.el patch to open node in new window [was: generate 3) S-mouse-2

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: info.el patch to open node in new window [was: generate 3) S-mouse-2: follow link in new window]
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 08:02:33 -0700

> I think we should remove the FORK argument, clone Info buffer in
> `Info-follow-nearest-node-new-window' and call `Info-follow-nearest-node'
> without arguments.

Why?

I'm not tied to a particular implementation, but I don't see what the
problem is with this implementation. You've said 3 times now that FORK must
go, but you haven't yet given any reason, AFAICT.

I suggested these commands and bindings long ago. Please add them, however
you want to implement them.