Re: 23.0.50; error "Can't open mouse connection"

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; error "Can't open mouse connection"
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:10:39 +1200

 > In Linux Console, `emacs -nw -q' t-mouse works just fine. I can
 > highlights when mouse is over links etc.
 >
 > Now if I start emacs in screen-256color and then in Linux console,
 > connect to it using "emacsclient -t", emacs crashes. I have managed to
 > obtain the following backtrace:

Hang on, we're not really communicating.  It's probably not helped by me
guessing the problem and then making a false assertion about emacs-unicode-2,
but is your original report about using screen-256color and emacsclient?
If so, you need to include these details in your report at the start.

I know very little about emacsclient but I do know that Stefan Monnier is
currently looking at emacsclient and gpm.  Perhaps the backtrace is meaningful
to him.

 > #0  abort () at emacs.c:431

 > > BTW emacs-pretest-bug is just an alias for emacs-devel now so you
 > > don't need to post to both groups.
 >
 > Then please direct report-emacs-bug to the right email address. I am
 > using the default setup.

What default setup sends mail to both emacs-devel and emacs-pretest-bug?
For me, report-emacs-bug using a CVS version of Emacs only sends to
emacs-pretest-bug.