Re: emacs.git mirror status

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: emacs.git mirror status
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:48:28 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Well, the synch is progressing at glacial speed so I can't say
>> anything about it yet.
>
> Yes, I see that here, too (independent of the transport protocol, it
> spends all the time in indexing the objects).  It might be related to
> the way the tree is structured.
>
>> I hope that it was no mistake to do git-pull rather than a fresh
>> clone.
>
> A clone has the same problem.

But the pull dropped out with merge conflicts.  So I did a fresh
clone, and it too was slow as molasses.  Maybe running git-gc on your
repository would help, but at least on my clone, git-gc was finished
very fast and thus probably did not do much anymore.

Anyway: the quality of the results is very good.  This makes it much
easier to figure out things about the multi-tty branch.

Thanks very much!

--
David Kastrup