Re: CVS HEAD: configure: error: makeinfo >= 4.6 is required on Mac OS X

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD: configure: error: makeinfo >= 4.6 is required on Mac OS X
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:22:42 +0200

() "Denis Bueno" <address@hidden>
() Sat, 15 Sep 2007 09:57:49 -0400

   For what it's worth, I did what you suggested [1] and it
   still doesn't work.  But if I manually run `makeinfo
   --enable-encoding conftest.texi && echo hi`, "hi" is
   produced as output, so I'm confused.

   Any other suggestions?

i see that you changed configure.in but don't know what else
you did, to be able to say, "it still doesn't work".  here are
some suggestions:

 - w/ those changes, regenerate configure w/ GNU Autoconf 2.61
 - arrange for your system to have a known-good makeinfo
 - rerun configure (a)
 - arrange for your system to have a known-bad makeinfo
 - rerun configure (b)

since the subject of the test is "finding an appropriate
makeinfo", to test thoroughly, we want to see that the result
of (a) is that the makeinfo is found; and that the result of
(b) is that makeinfo is not found and furthermore configure
exits failurefully.

am i missing something?  did you mean something else as "it"?

thi