Re: address@hidden: Eamcs 22.1 comint-scroll-show-maximum-output bug]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Eamcs 22.1 comint-scroll-show-maximum-output bug]
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 03:15:41 -0400

    But the default for scroll-conservatively is 0, and you saw no problem
    in unconditionally changing it to 10000 in all comint-mode buffers for
    the sake of comint-scroll-show-maximum-output.

I don't think it was for the sake fo comint-scroll-show-maximum-output.
Why do you think so?

My 2005 message seems to say it was for the sake of
comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-input.

    1) Don't set it to 10000 in comint buffers, since it doesn't seem to
       be needed.

How did you reach the conclusion that it isn't needed?

To see if this setting really avoids a problem, we'd have to try some
cases that make comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-input to something
nontrivial.