Re: C-x z is useless after switching frames

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: C-x z is useless after switching frames
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 13:52:20 +0200

> [I sent this message a week ago but did not get a response.]
>
>        handle-select-window must be bound to an event with parameters
>
>        mouse-popup-menubar-stuff must be bound to an event with parameters
>
>     Probably `repeat' should ignore event bound commands.
>
> The way to fix this is to prevent those commands
>>from getting into real-last-command.
>
> Would someone please implement that and ack?

Inherently, changing `real-last-command' is not "nice".  There might be
some code around that relies on telling whether `real-last-command' was
trying to handle a window or frame selection.  Suppose also I tried to
compare `last-command' and `real-last-command' to detect whether some
code has deliberately changed `last-command'.  The comparison would not
fail because someone did, but because `real-last-command' was reset
(resetting `last-command' together with `real-last-command' seems hardly
the right solution for this).

Disregarding my scruples, how do I tell whether `real-this-command' was
bound to an input event at the time of executing

          current_kboard->Vreal_last_command = real_this_command;