Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostScript/DVI files in Emacs

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: doc-view.el --- View PDF/PostScript/DVI files in Emacs
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:47:36 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Richard and Stefan asked me to include my doc-view.el in the emacs
> distribution, so here it is together with a ChangeLog entry for
> lisp/ChangeLog.

This a good feature, but when I tried it on a 60-page document, my
processor load quickly reached 10 and I was completely stuck. C-g did
nothing, my firefox was killed, and one of the light bulb of my room
exploded (there may be no connection for the last one, I'm just not
sure).

It may be a good thing that every 10 seconds, Emacs says « The DocView
conversion is still running after %d seconds, cancel? », and while the
question is asked, it (signal-process) to SIGSTOP before and then
SIGCONT after if the answer is yes.

Oh, and you wrote `dac-view-' in the :prefix of the doc-view group.
Typo?

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |    The second-degree,                  |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |       is kind of                       |