Re: merging etc

From: joakim
Subject: Re: merging etc
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:01:36 +0200

>     And maybe after adding ChangeLog entries from multy-tty to the trunk's
>     ChangeLog to change all dates (without crunching changelog entries) to the
>     date of sync with the trunk.  This will look as all multy-tty changes were
>     made on the same day and won't break the chronology in ChangeLog.
>
> Changing all the dates to the date of installation in the trunk
> is essential.  That is what permit the second step of combining
> and simplifying the various entries.

If a clear and concise algorithm can be presented on how to proceed
with this "crunching" I can atempt to do so.

I am motivated to get the mtty functionality into emacs core, even if
I wouldn't do the merging this way myself. (I hope the mtty history
wont be lost this way, that would really not be very good)

--
Joakim Verona