RE: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 10:54:56 -0700

> > Wrt requiring an absolute name for a file or directory: We
> > already do that elsewhere - note the doc string here:
>
> My favorite choice would be "." and I don't mean "a buffer called .".

I see. Do you think we should have an additional choice that is a sexp to
eval at startup? (In your case, it could be (find-file ".").)

That should cover anyone's personal needs, and it could be ignored by most
users, including newbies. The doc string could even say something to the
effect that that choice is for "advanced" use, warn about potential gotchas,
and so on.