Re: find-file-literally and save-buffer

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: find-file-literally and save-buffer
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 00:07:06 -0400

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> "Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> To reproduce:
>>
>> | emacs -Q
>> | M-x find-file-literally ~/RMAIL.empty RET
>> | C-u M-~   (not-modified t)
>> | C-x C-s   (save-buffer)
>>
>> Answering y at this point has no effect
>
> I can't seem to reproduce this...

I think I see what you mean a little more clearly, but I still don't
see the bug.

You didn't mention this in your original post, but you must already
have the file RMAIL.empty open in Rmail mode before doing
find-file-literally to see the warning prompt you mentioned.

For me, however, typing "y" at the prompt does have the desired effect
of opening RMAIL.empty literally.  So the bug doesn't happen for me.