Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RFC: comint.el - comint-highlight-prompt and unreadable colors
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:08:13 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:27:03 -0400
> Cc: Miles Bader <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> Problem is: in terminal mode, menus are also more difficult to
> use :-( I wish PuTTY used a special TERM setting

I don't think this is a good idea, since most systems won't know what
to do with such a special TERM value.  (PuTTY already has its own TERM
name, but doesn't use it by default, for the above reason, I guess.)

It is much better if PuTTY would by default use the same colors as
xterm, since that's the default TERM it uses.