Re: compose-mail-other-window

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: compose-mail-other-window
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 14:05:33 -0400

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

> Due to the recent change of `compose-mail' `compose-mail-other-window'
> will fail to show the window for editing the message.  Removing the
> `save-window-excursion' in `compose-mail' should cure this.
>
> Similar misbehaviors have been reported previously by Alfred M. Szmidt
> and John ffitch.

I think the offending patch should be reverted.  It tries to avoid
passing the SWITCH-FUNCTION argument to sendmail-user-agent-compose;
if I'm not mistaken, this change originated from Michaƫl Cadilhac's
2007-03-07 complaint to emacs-devel that report-emacs-bug overrides
mail buffers that are already open.  But this behavior was tolerable;
it doesn't justify working around the neat SWITCH-FUNCTION interface
to sendmail-user-agent-compose.