Re: Multiple bugs in lisp-mode M-q on paragraphs within #|..|# comments

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: Multiple bugs in lisp-mode M-q on paragraphs within #|..|# comments
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:13:16 -0400

   From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
   Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 12:18:17 +0200

   . . .

    >    It might be better to recognize Lisp "#|...|#" comments explicitly at
    > a point where we know we're dealing with Lisp.  The attached patch is a
    > total hack, but it seems to relieve the symptoms of the first three bugs
    > (and changes that of the fourth).  This style of comment can be nested,
    > so the hack will get confused if still inside a comment but after an
    > inner comment.  The changed symptoms of the fourth bug suggest that the
    > bounds passed to the fill-region-as-paragraph call are wrong.  But I'll
    > bet someone else can do better.

   I'm afraid this problem is not restricted to the Lisp case . . .

   Anyway please try the attached patch.  I'm confident Stefan will find
   a better solution soon.

It corrects all four syndromes for me; thanks.  (In my ignorance, I had
tried rebinding comment-end, but around a fill-comment-paragraph call,
which did nothing.)

                                        -- Bob