Re: Fixes to let woman.el deal with MANPATH_MAP elements

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Fixes to let woman.el deal with MANPATH_MAP elements
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:09:41 +0100

> I think this is more of a bug fix than a new feature.

I certainly needed it in order to make woman behave properly, matching
more closely what man does.

> If other people test it and verify it works, then you can
> check it in.

Are there actually other users of "woman"?  While I tested the fixes
myself on GNU/Linux, woman.el does a _lot_ of Windows/Cygwin centric
stuff (however wise or not it may be to put such code into woman.el
instead of providing the general facilities elsewhere).  While I think
that I got the Cygwin angle covered properly by now, I have not
actually have the ability to check so myself.

If we don't have active users on this list, I don't see a good way to
get testing coverage apart from checking it in and having it appear in
the next pretest.