Re: stack size info

From: A Soare
Subject: Re: stack size info
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:08:46 +0100 (CET)

>    From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
>    Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:24:10 +0100
>
>    A Soare <address@hidden> writes:
>
>    > STACKSIZE
>    >      The maximum stack size this function needs. In case of recursion,
>    >      every recursive call grows function's stack size with this constant.
>    >
>    > ########
>    >
>    > This is a litte better?
>
>    I don't think so.  My guess is "The maximum stack size this function
>    needs for execution, disregarding further (including recursive)
>    function calls as those extend the stack on their own."
>
> i'm inclined to leave the docs alone.  the node's entire context is a
> single function and thus the STACKSIZE element of the byte-code function
> object pertains to a single function call.

I think this problem is not at all important, but at a first glance one can
imagine something wrong.

> however, if pressed, i will suggest:
> The maximum stack size this function might need when called.
>
> "might" because it is possible that any particular call uses less than
> that amount.  "when called" addresses recursion.

As you wish.

One more important question is "The maximum stack size" or just simply "the
stack size". I can not imagine an example in which this STACKSIZE is greater
than the actual real size. Can somebody help me with an example, please?

Thanks.