Re: MENU to choose the font

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: MENU to choose the font
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:19:12 +0100

Jason Rumney skrev:
Kim F. Storm wrote:
A Soare <address@hidden> writes:

Why it is not chosen another system to change the font using the mouse?

Because nobody has contributed the code to do so.

I did some time ago, but rms wanted more wide ranging changes that I didn't have time to do. When I wrote it, the GTK patches were still being maintained externally, so I used external programs to launch the font dialog, but it is probably better to use the GTK font dialog directly from Emacs in GTK builds.

The code I wrote is at http://emacs.jasonrumney.net/

The problem with the GTK font dialog is that there doesn't seem to be any way to exclude antialiased fonts. So we must wait until we get Xft in Emacs, i.e. after the release.

        Jan D.