Re: find-file completion

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: find-file completion
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:44:41 +0100

A Soare <address@hidden> writes:

> Ouf... What is so difficult to reproduce such a simple problem?

Well, your step 3 was NOT mentioned in your mails about this
problem, so how were we to know?

> 3. M-x partial-completion-mode <RET>

..

> 5. SELECT WITH THE MOUSE subr.el
>
> Result: emacssubr.el file is completed in Find file and opened.

Still doesn't fail for me.

I think it was fixed by this recent change:

2007-03-10  Martin Rudalics  <address@hidden>

        * complete.el (PC-do-completion): Bind dirlength to nil to avoid
        that buffer contents get erased during completion.

Another merit of using M-x report-emacs-bug is that it
includes the version and build-time of your Emacs.

But even if you have updated your emacs from CVS recently,
are you sure that complete.el has been byte-compiled?