RE: display-completion-list should not strip text properties

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: display-completion-list should not strip text properties
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 15:36:36 -0700

I suggested we allow display-completion-list to not strip text properties,
to which Richard said OK. Thanks.

I also suggested that `read-face-name' take advantage of this by applying
the face to the face-name string:

> > Or, complete a face name: you see the faces whose names you can
> > choose (like `list-faces-display', but with completion). WYSIWYG.
>
> Attached is a screenshot, to show what I meant. The only change
> needed was to make `read-face-name' apply the face to the face-name
> string.

As Richard's OK came after that in the same thread, I was hoping that that
too would be implemented, but I don't see it in a build of March 8. Any
chance that could make it into the release?

It is much easier and quicker to pick a face name from a list when you can
see what the faces look like.