Re: Pretest

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:06:31 +0530

Hi,

On 3/20/07, AriT93 <address@hidden> wrote:
dhruva writes:
 > Hi,
 >  Builds and works (typical usage) fine on Windows Server 2003
 > (Enterprise edition) using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003.

Just out of curiosity what steps did you take to get VS.NET 2003 to compile it.
I have been unable in the past to get that to work.  I have always use GnuWin32
but would like to be able to use VS.NET as that environment is a bit easier to
maintain on my current workstation.  Is it on the Wiki page?

- I have some of the basic GNU utils needed for build on WIN32 in my
PATH (like cp, rm, ls and a few others from GNUWIN32 project).
- I open the command shell "cmd.exe" and run a batch file "E:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\bin\VCVARS32.BAT" (the
path will vary based on the drive/folder you have installed VS.NET).
- Go to the emacs/nt folder and "configure --prefix=somedir --with-msvc"
- "nmake" and "namek install"

It is the batch file that you might have missed executing to get all
the compiler/linker paths set (VCVARS32.BAT). Let me know if you need
the env output resulting from VCVARS32.bat if you have any problems.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!