Re: Other branches? (was: emacs-unicode-2 branch)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Other branches? (was: emacs-unicode-2 branch)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:40:53 +0900

On 3/19/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Can we assume that no other branches were affected apaprt from
emacs-unicode-2 and head?
After all, we have a number of semi-active branches like emacs-xft (or
something like that), emacs-bidi, emacs-multitty, even
emacs-lexical-something.

At least for the post-catch 22 branches (maybe xft, more certainly
multitty), it would be somewhat nice to know we have not lost them.

[Is multi-tty in the emacs repository now?  It used to be external...]

I think most of the branches are not very active at all, and there's
usually one person that mostly commits to them, so we can just rely on
that person to check.  The "xft" branch is almost defunct I think, and
as far as I know I'm the only person who's committed to it in ages.
The "lexical" branch is also mine, so I can verify that.

[Of course one more general way would be for someone to use the
rsync'd version of the repository to check out copies of the
semi-active branches, and check that they're equal to what's in the
official repository.  I'm not going to do that though...]

-Miles

--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.