Re: Help: build emacs in cygwin

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Help: build emacs in cygwin
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:41:45 +0000

djh wrote:
I mainly have problems (crashes) when using a Japanese input method. Which leads me more to believe that the problem is not the compiler but the cygwin x-window implementation.

I think there is a bug in the interaction between skk and some versions of X and/or certain window managers. I've seen lockups and crashes on GNU/Linux with certain combinations not involving Emacs or Cygwin.