Re: address@hidden: WoMan Error with the CVS Manual Page]

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: address@hidden: WoMan Error with the CVS Manual Page]
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 23:15:21 -0500

Richard Stallman wrote:

> Can you fix any of those other errors?

I checked in some hacks to handle all the obvious problems. I think
they are mostly due to dodgy ?roff usage in cvs.1, but standalone man
handles them ok.

OT:

woman still does not render the cvs manpage as nicely as man does, IMO.
This is due to the different ways the two programs handle the IP
request. man seems to indent and fill every line of the paragraph;
woman treats the first line specially (no indent, no fill). It's
possible this is what one is supposed to do, but it makes the man page
look worse. Again, maybe this is due to bad ?roff usage in cvs.1.
Anyway, now is definitely not the time to change this.