Re: status of the rmail-mbox branch?

From: Henrik Enberg
Subject: Re: status of the rmail-mbox branch?
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 15:01:27 +0100

Francesco Potorti` <address@hidden> writes:
> What is the current status of the rmail-mbox branch?
>
> Does it have the same functionalities as the regular rmail?

Not entirely.  It is certainly possible to use it to read email, but is
has some deficencies in the area of coding-systems.  It currently
doesn't do any decoding from raw-text at all.  The main problem is that
if we want interoperability with other tools (which I guess is the main
reason to switch to the mbox format), we can't really encode the
mailboxes with emacs-mule anymore as is done with BABYL boxes.