Re: Emacs X/GTK code trouble with Maemo

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Emacs X/GTK code trouble with Maemo
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:56:06 -0500

Jan,

I just wanted to ask how to obtain the GDK window for a frame.  Right
now I'm using:

  GdkWindow *gdkWindow;
  im_context = gtk_im_multicontext_new();
  gdkWindow = gdk_window_foreign_new(FRAME_X_WINDOW(frame));
  gtk_im_context_set_client_window(im_context, gdkWindow); /* we need the
frame's GDK window */
  hildon_gtk_im_context_show(im_context);
  xassert (im_content != NULL);

to set the IM context for a "fake" GDK window around the frame's X
window.  I'd like to get the real GDK window, the one used for
drawing.  If we don't use a GDK window, when should I create the fake
one mentioned above?  Right now, I'm doing it on FocusIn events in
src/xterm.c:x_focus_changed(), which I'm sure is the wrong place.

I looked at all the macros in frame.h, but couldn't find what I
needed.

The current patch (very preliminary) is attached if you or anyone else
have the time to look at it.

Thanks
Ted