Re: vc-cvs-stay-local vs vc-stay-local

From: Andre Spiegel
Subject: Re: vc-cvs-stay-local vs vc-stay-local
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 01:05:07 +0100

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 23:22 +0100, Jason Rumney wrote:

> Do we need both these variables? If so, the way they interact with
> each other is not at all clear, so the doc strings need some work.

Thanks for the hint.  vc-stay-local is supposed to be a global setting,
and vc-cvs-stay-local, if defined, is supposed to override it for CVS
only.  The problem is that currently both variables are defined via
defcustom, and so vc-cvs-stay-local always overrides whatever you
specify in vc-stay-local.

This needs to be fixed, you are right.  I'm thinking about a solution.