Re: Getting help for a widget

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Getting help for a widget
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:05:00 +0200

Lennart Borgman wrote:
Richard Stallman wrote:
I tried describe-field.  It seems useful.

Does a widget class have a doc string?  If so, showing the doc string
would make it more useful.
I am trying to make this a bit more useful. I am not ready yet, but if someone is interested then there is a bit of this in the file whelp.el at

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/elisp/test/

I think this is ready for testing now. So please, if you are interested in how and where widgets and buttons are implemented, then test this. I need some feedback, of course.

Unfortunately in this stage of the testing it is not possible to collect information on where a button or widget type is defined since this is done before the module above is loaded now. (I have also not added collecting of this information to the functions that creates button objects yet.)