Re: pgg-gpg broken?

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: pgg-gpg broken?
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 21:22:15 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 05 2006, Sascha Wilde wrote:
>
>> I just needed to decrypt an old Mail using Gnus/pgg (which i decrypted
>> successfully many times before), but it failed.
> [...]
>> Signing mails works (including querying the passphrase).
>>
>> Might this be related to the latest changes by Daiki?
>
> Could you test with `pgg-gpg.el' revision 1.4 from Emacs CVS or
> revision 7.11 from Gnus CVS, please?

I fetched 1.4 from Emacs CVS and it works perfectly well with the mail
in question.

Same holds true for 1.8 from Emacs CVS, which includes my original
version of gpg-agent support, but it stops working with 1.9 -- so it
seems the problem lies withing Daiki's new code...

Some more revelations regarding the problem:

It is somewhat more specific: while I can't decrypt the old mail with
the current pgg-gpg code, I actually can decrypt an fresh test Mail,
which I just send to myself for testing.  This matches my observations
about the different versions.  I have no idea whats so special about
this one mail (it's encrypted for more than one key, but this is no
problem in other cases...).

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : xedit? Das sieht zwar wie vi aus als könne es nix, aber im
             : Gegensatz zu vi kann es wirklich nix und nix ist noch geschönt!