Re: A few issues with thumbs.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few issues with thumbs.el
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 17:08:14 +0200

> In general, the only time something is really not visible to users
> is when it is internal to one program.

I suppose that is one way to see it, yes. But using md5 or other
checksum/hash ways to encode names of temporary files is hardly new
(though I suppose you'll say it is not new, but it *is* wrong
nonetheless :)

But the point is moot. Does anyone object to the version of
thumbs-thumbname I proposed a few messages ago, where the resulting
filename is very much like the one it generates now, but valid and
with a sxhash checksum added to it to make collisions less likely?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u