Re: Interfacing ActiveX/COM-objects "natively" in Emacs

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Interfacing ActiveX/COM-objects "natively" in Emacs
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 23:24:07 +0200

> > Richard will have the definitive answer, but I don't think this
> > applies to standard components of the OS.
>
> But how can you tell if an object is a standard component in the OS or
> not?  AFAIK anybody can make ActiveX/COM-objects.  Much like shared
> libraries on Unix.

This is something that I do know. Yes, "anyone" (well...) can create
their own ActiveX-components, Free or unfree, in at least a couple of
programming languages. I do that as part of my work. They usually end
up in OCX or DLL-files (these DLLs are a bit different from "normal"
DLLs though, often called COM-DLLs).

/Mathias