Two question about VC.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Two question about VC.
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:47:57 -0600 (CST)

I plan to make some updates to files.el, which I submitted earlier.
But I have the following questions about VC.  I guess _somebody_ must
know the answer:

1.  `(emacs)Branches' contains:

  Please note, however, that branches are only supported for RCS at
  the moment.

I do not use branches myself, but is this really still up to date?

Would the following replacement text be correct:

  Please note, however, that branches are not supported for SCCS.

If I do not get an answer on this one, I will leave the old text in,
because I do not feel sure enough to make any changes.

2. (emacs)Local Version Control contains:

     But if you do this, the revision numbers in the RCS master no longer
  correspond to those of CVS.  Technically, this is not a problem, but it
  can become difficult to keep track of what is in the CVS repository and
  what is not.  So we suggest that you return from time to time to
  CVS-only operation, using `C-u C-x v v cvs <RET>'.

`C-u C-x v v cvs <RET>'?  Is that not going to try to commit to the
repository?   Is `C-x v b' meant?

Sincerely,

Luc.