Re: Antialiased text on X11

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Antialiased text on X11
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 08:44:24 +0900

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:51:37 +0100, Jan D. <address@hidden> wrote:
> Okay, I've made a branch in CVS, tag is XFT_JHD_BRANCH (jhd is my
> initials).   I hope I didn't breake anything in CVS :-)

BTW, any time you make a branch tag, it's also good to make a
corresponding non-branch `base' tag which is the trunk version the
branch is relative too.  This info is deducible (though tiresome to
do) from the branch versions _until_ you decide to merge updates from
the trunk, at which point it's not... [whereas if you have base tag,
you update the base tag when you do the merge]

You can see this in many other Emacs branches, e.g., `emacs-unicode-2'
(the branch tag), and `emacs-unicode-2-base' (the corresponding
non-branch base tag).  [I don't have one for `lexbind', but that's
because I'm lazy and do merging via other means.]

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.