Re: Possible change to startup.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Possible change to startup.el
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:44:55 -0500

    Emacs Tutorial: bg, cn, cs, de, en, es, fr, it, ja, ko, nl, pl, pt_BR,
                    ro, ru, sk, sl, sv, th, zh

If you send a patch that does this automatically, so it won't need
maintenance, we can consider it.

The idea of using national flags is cute but I think it is not useful.
I don't want to include those flags in Emacs.  Please, everyone, don't
spend any further time discussing flags.

Using the name of the language, in English and in that language with
its usual script, is the best way to show which language it is.