Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:32:09 -0600 (CST)

Richard Stallman wrote:

   I do not do much web searching.  Could you explain the difference?

Basically, as usual in web searching, most of the hits produced by the
searches of either Per or Kim are false hits, both in the case of
"blinking cursor" and "fringe".  I do not fancy going through all
10000 of Per's hits and carefully reading through all of them to check
which ones are real and then counting them.  But there is enough stuff
in there of the type:

;; Blinking cursor is spawn of the Evil One
    (blink-cursor-mode nil)

to show that many people struggle with this problem.  It is not just
Emacs.  For instance, many people use patches to the Linux kernel to
disable blinking.

Sincerely,

Luc.